ECO-FRIENDLY SHIPPING METHOD
The outdated and polluting logistical process
The most commonly used purchase process for an online webshop is shown below. The online store manages its warehouse on its own, ordering products from manufacturers or suppliers that it works with. The next step is the distribution of the products to the local warehouse, followed by distribution to the client from the local warehouse. The image below illustrates this process. We will sum up the pros and cons of the old school way.
- Faster Local Delivery
- More fixed costs
- More transhipment, more damages, more fuel usage.
- High & double import duties
- High international (double) shipping costs
- Stocking and warehouse costs
Direct sales model and less contamination
The new logistical model of online sales whereby the shipping process is handed over to our manufacturer or supplier, i.e. the logistics operator. The role of the online store in this logistical model is limited to collecting purchase orders and forwarding them to the supplier, who ships the wares directly to the customer. This is illustrated in the image below. For this new school process, we also sum up the pros and cons.
- Faster & free worldwide shipping
- Less transhipment, less damage, better for the environment
- Lower costs = lower consumer price
- 99% of the times every product in stock
- Slower local delivery
- Shipping times vary due to customs and local post offices
As we try to provide the best solution for worldwide shipping, we chose the new school way for our online webshop to work with. We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
If you would like to know more about our way of shipping, feel free to ask!
You can contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org